Why Beat the Heat?
Beat the Heat 5k Run | Walk is a charity event that was created to support the nonprofit organization, One Innocent Life.
Beat the Heat 5K Run | Walk is a charity event that honors the lives lost due to fire related incidents, by advocating for fire safety awareness through fun, family-friendly activities, locally provided food, and our feature-event the 5k run | walk.
The 5k Run | Walk Event
For avid runners, beginners, and those trying to stay healthy and happy.
- A flat and fast certified 5k course
- Chipped Timing
- Runners & Walkers will start at 8:30
- Recognition for top placement in the following age brackets for male/female:
13 and under
- Fruit, water, and carbs provide for runners post-race
- Walkers will be placed in the starting corral after the runners.
Note: Shirts provided to participants who pre-registered after 6/8/16 do not guarantee size availability.
This event is more than just a 5K, it’s an experience to bring the whole family.
- Kids under 13 receive free registration!
- Live Music by Eggy
- Artisans & Vendors
- Food trucks will be on premises
- Experience the “Smoke Out Room” — an interactive and informative fire-safety awareness demo provided by the Middletown Fire Dept.
- Solun Restaurant
- The Trinity Bar
- Katz’s Deli
- Wheeler’s Restaurant
- The Rubber Match
- Tickled Pink
- Lizie’s Corner
- The Write Approach
- Fairfield Half
- Edge of Derby
- AnyTime Fitness
- Frank Pepe Pizza
- HardCore Sweet Cupcake Bakery
- Christopher Martin’s Restaurant
- (2) Faxon Law – Fairfield Half 5k tickets
- (2) Faxon Law – Fairfield Half Marathon tickets
- (2) Faxon Law – New Haven Half Marathon tickets
The following organizations have shown tremendous support for the cause of One Innocent Life and this event:
Woodbridge Aquatic Club
D’Aniello’s Amity Bicycles | The Red Barn of Woodbridge | Woodbridge Social | Wheeler’s Tap Room | Faxon Law Group | Fairfield Half | Coachman Square at Woodbridge | The Children’s Garden | Wilson Agency | Litchfield Bancorp | Kaletsky Family | Augustine Counseling LLC | The D’Ostilio Family | The Keban Family | Anytime Fitness | Hardcore Sweet Cupcakes | Christopher Martin’s Restaurant & Pub | The Edge Fitness Clubs | Crave | The Write Approach | Lizzie’s Corner | Tickled Pink | The Rubber Match | Wheeler’s Restaurant | Kat’z Deli | The Trinity Bar | Solun Restaurant | Starbucks | Stop & Shop | Whitney Donut
June 18th – Event kicks off at 8:30, plan to arrive an 30-60 mins early for check-in.
The Town of Woodbridge, CT was gracious enough to host our day of activities.
Town of Woodbridge
Meeting House Lane
Parking available at Amity High School and surrounding lots.
Event Day Itinerary
7:00am - 8:00am Registration & Check-In
Preregistered runners and walkers check in. Day-of registrants may register at race-day rate. Note: Event Shirts will be given to pre registered participants only.
8:30AM Welcome & Announcements
Jeff Block, founder of One Innocent Life will bring the day’s activities to order with a brief welcome and back story of why we run|walk to “beat the heat”.
8:45AM 5k Run
Runners & walkers begin 5k
9:30AM Awards and Recognition
Awards for top placement for the 5k race.
Special recognition of distinguished guests.
10:00am-1pm Food and Activities
Enjoy yourselves with various family-friendly activities and locally supplied food.